This seductively spicy twist on the classic shandy comes to us from guest beer mixologist Derek Elefson of Cincinnati, OH.
Derek is a cocktail enthusiast at heart and flavored Alcoholic Beverage Trends expert. He is also the “Designr” of Flavored Beverages and the Director of Alcoholic Beverages at Givaudan.
Dereke’s “Naughty or Nice” beer cocktail balances honey weiss with hot chili pepper (naughty) and warm brown cinnamon notes (nice) with apple and maple for mid-ground balance. A perfect option for Fall or early Winter that is not pumpkin!!
Naughty & Nice Spiced Apple Shandy
INGREDIENTS (makes one serving)
- 12 oz. bottle Honey Weiss
- 2 oz. lemonade
- 3⁄4 fresh green apple (or honeycrisp)
- 1⁄2 fresh green jalapeño (for a touch of “naughty” flavor; green notes pair well with jalapeño)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ground cinnamon (for warmth, depth of complexity, and “nice” holiday flavor)
- 1⁄4 oz. maple syrup for additional sweet & warm holiday flavor playing nicely with cinnamon
1. [Drink 2 oz. of Honey Weiss] Muddle: chopped apple, diced jalapeño, and maple syrup with 1⁄2 oz. lemonade and 1⁄2 oz.
2. [Drink 2 oz. of Honey Weiss] Pour into cocktail shaker 3⁄4 filled with crushed ice. Add remainder of lemonade and a pinch of cinnamon. Shake contents *
3. Strain into old fashioned or pint glass (you should get a nice frothy foam*). Gently add remainder of Honey Weiss taking care not to diminish foam. Stir under foam gently. Sprinkle with cinnamon & garnish with apple slice.
*careful with the foaming
PRINT YOUR OWN COPY — RIGHT CLICK IMAGE BELOW.